Wednesday, June 9, 2010

June Runoff!


It's June in Colorado, a hot June, and our runoff is in full swing! The mountains have had a good snow year, and apparently it's all melting at the same time!! Living along the Arkansas River sometimes can be interesting, even in Colorado!!

This first picture is the topper, kids in that boiling river with tubes. I haven't heard of anyone drowning, or missing, so I hope this is not their last picture!



This picture was taken in Canon City, down around the 4th Street Bridge by my daughter, Jenny. She does take good pictures!

This is the 4th Street Bridge in Canon City, taken Monday, June 7, 2010. It's been above flood stage for several days now.

I took this picture off of Highway 67, heading north out of Florence.

There is not a picture that can do justice to the way this river is running, it's angry, swollen, boiling, muddy and deep!

No comments:

Post a Comment