I decided to go to garage sales with my daughter in Pueblo West this morning. I got up early, got going early, was out of the house early, and we started going to garage sales not long after they started – but we were always a “day late”! There really was nothing either one of us needed or wanted. Even at 9am, many said they had already sold about everything. There were so many mini-vans running around Pueblo West this morning – pretty comical! (Even though I also was driving a mini-van!) But initially, there were hoards of women going from sale to sale! And Jenny and I were among them!! But not ones to give up – we bravely continued on, trying to find someplace that had something either one of us wanted. That’s the competitive spirit in us. . . hahahaha! It’s so enjoyable to spend time with my daughters, I wish I could spend more time with all of them. I have so much fun with them, laughing , talking and curing all the problems in the universe! I had a daughter in 1967, 1969, 1971 and 1976. For a period of time I wondered if I would EVER have a life without pre-schoolers, a time when I could again speak grown up language!! When my third daughter turned 5 – I said there would be NO more, she turned 5 in October and I found myself pregnant again the next month. I am ever so certain that baby was MEANT to be here. She knew we were not complete until she made it down! “Mommy, Daddy, don’t forget me, please, don’t forget me!” So in August our last daughter joined our family! Sometimes my heart just bursts at the joy these four daughters bring to my life. The older they get, the better it gets! Or is it the older I get…??!
Before our life on Earth, I firmly believe we all knew where we would go and we had friends and family in the spirit world before birth. I find joy in knowing that these four girls knew they would be with us, a family, growing up with love, with grandparents, aunts, uncles, mom and dad and each other. There is a bond between these girls, and as young kids – I shed tears knowing they were destined to grow up hating each other!! They fought so bad at times. . .! They are all four, such lovely women and I adore them!
So this little blog about the evils of garage sales, has turned into a love letter to my daughters! Not that they don’t know how much I love them but it never hurts to tell them again I guess! Next time I will send a love letter to my dog okay??!!
Until then. . .!
I love you too Mom!!!
ReplyDelete