Sunday, January 11, 2009

"Gloss-ter" County, Virginia 1653

I am doing this particular blog only as a test. Thanks to Becky, I may be able to figure some of this out. Funny, a few years ago I was the one everyone came to for help with computers. And now I have been away from it for so long, I about have to have someone turn the durn things on for me! Back in the “old days”, if some program was needed, no problem, I used DOS and did my own. Now I don’t think I can even get to DOS! (Do we even use DOS anymore??!)

The picture I am also attempting to send is the church in Gloucester, Virginia that my GGGG Grandfather (? Not sure of how many G’s) attended church with George Washington. The first church actually burnt and this was its replacement, where the bench is located in front is where the original church stood. But the fence and graveyard on the other side are original and I treasure this. I treasured my time there also. I feel I walked where my ancestors walked and they knew I was there.

Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment