Jace David Crussell Born Thanksgiving day, November 25, 2010. This was taken Dec. 13, 2010.
Christmas is upon us. The weather has been really warm until today, we woke up to a skiff of snow on the ground with more forecast through the next day or so. We haven't had measurable precipitation is a very long time and it's terribly dry here.
We have a friend, a young man, a son, husband and father of four young ones, who was very recently diagnosed with stage 4 brain cancer. He is very active in church, a teacher, and by all accounts, one of God's most valiant soldiers. Brain cancer is so often not discovered until it's at this stage, when pain sends them to a doctor. Less than two weeks ago, I was talking to him at church. I pray constantly for him, his family, his students, his church family and all who are associated with him.
Another friend is battling cancer today, in surgery now. Her condition remains to be seen. I hope it's one that's been caught at an early stage, I know her's is the type that is much easier to eliminate.
So it's hard to think about the holidays, the joy and excitement. I am so very thankful for my family, for our health. It's such a valuable thing. May God keep us, protect us, and may we all have a very long and healthy life.
Until next time. . .
No comments:
Post a Comment