For the wedding, the kid's favorite "Uncle" came over. Rick is not really their Uncle, but their first cousin, once removed! He's Tom's cousin. But Sunday morning, before he left, he remembered something in his pickup that he had to "share" with us!!
He related the story of how he had went to Albuquerque for horse races, had some time to kill, so went to a mall. (Never let a man go to a mall alone!) This mall, like most I've ever been in, had Kiosks in the halls, little places, usually manned by one person, trying to peddle their wares!

Well this particular kiosk had a "pretty young thing" who said "Hey mister, come here, I have something to show you"! (Those are words to run from for most of us!!) But Rick says
that the low-cut dress helped him follow her instructions! (He's a divorced, farmer, middle-aged male and by this part of the story, I am wanting to roll on the floor in laughter, because I can just imagine!)
She proceeds to ask if he ever has problems with dry hands. (He's a farmer, what do you think??!) Well, she has this miracle product, "here, let me show you, let me use it on your hands", which I bet she did make his hands feel REAL good!

Rick proceeds to tell us how "Lovely"
this made his hands feel!! He USED THAT WORD - LOVELY!! And not just once. . . Our farmer boy is going soft!!!
Seriously, he tells us LOVELY!!
No - now he has this bottle and has to SHOW us!!
"Here, warm your hands up so the pores can breath". WHAT - WHO SAID THAT?? Let my pores breath?? NO, this can't be happening before our very eyes!! Our hard working farmer cousin??
This is the picture to prove just how LOVELY our poor middle-aged, divorced, farmer cousin's hands look! He is PROUD of them! Uses this product, and loves it - it's just LOVELY. (That word again and again!!)
But this whole thing doesn't stop there, now that this young thing with cleavage, has our poor ole' farmer boy totally in her grips, she now tells him they also have some after-shave that will be wonderful for his face!!
Suppose she can tell from his weathered face (remember the farmer part, he's been out in the elements for YEARS!) that he might love some "product" put on his face??!! (I am dying now. . .) Well, what hot-blooded, middle age, divorced, farmer can resist this??
Is this not LOVELY?? "Look, can't you tell the difference?????"

And now the best part of this story, this beautiful young thing with the low cut dress on, has completely sold our cousin on the benefits and true miracle of her product.
So NOT ONLY does he want to buy ONE, he wants two!! Oh yes, two!! He goes up to pay for it and was in for somewhat of a shock....
( Oh, did I forget to add, he NEVER ASKED HOW MUCH IT WAS??!!!) (I'm a blubbering idiot now, on the floor, laughing, with tears rolling)
He gives her his card, she gives him his receipt for $190 - One Hundred and Ninety DOLLARS for TWO miracle hand products and one miracle after-shave. Okay, they're not miracles, just LOVELY!!!
Now he has more product than he says he'll use in a lifetime, so one of these LOVELY jars is now in our possession! He was kind enough to share this with us, so I am anxious to see if we start using this word on a regular basis!!! Actually, I think I better keep it away from my husband. . .
Until next time. . .
No comments:
Post a Comment