Thursday, December 3, 2009

Baby It's Cold Outside


Just thought I would put a word in here about this extreme cold snap we are now experiencing! The human body is not equipped to deal with temps like this, especially in this part of the country! Forecast is for below zero readings tonight!

We woke up to 5+ inches of fluffy white stuff, it snowed all night I believe!

The temperatures are what is the most serious, this is an arctic air mass apparently, too early in the winter for this, but none-the-less, it's here!

I took this picture mid-morning when the sun was just starting to break through. I guess it looks like mountains (??) but it's actually a cloud bank. I believe the temps will moderate tomorrow, but will fall again this coming weekend with more snow in it's way.


So in the meantime, we shiver and moan and groan! I will leave water running to prevent the possibility of frozen pipes. This part of Colorado seldom has this type of cold so nothing is really built for it.

Late afternoon, I noticed my trusty weather station was registering increasing temps - wow - I was excited to see 20 degrees, then I looked outside and noticed my sensor was in the sun! Just enough to bump it up a bit. As soon as the sun fell away, it rapidly fell to 19 - then 18 - then I haven't looked any more!! Too cold.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment