We initially left home June 21 and headed to our usual 4th of July camping with all the family. We had two daughters and families who were not able to attend this year. Boy we missed them. Carol and Randy are in Albuquerque where he is working, Emily is with them. Jamie,
Shawn and Jarred didn't have a way or didn't want to come up. I wish they would all get their own camping gear, they are adults now and needs to take charge of their own lives! But we sure missed them. Katie came up when she wasn't working, but she has her own vehicle and tent. Beth and Mark couldn't come, his mother (Alice) fell and broke her ankle and had to have surgery on it so they had to stay and take care of her. So we are hoping that all will be up there next year! Rick, James and Kip McCormick came up one day, as did John and Linda McCormick. Rick came up one other day also. It was wonderful having some of the extended family up there! Every year we take a picture, in this one of course, Katie was missing and we could have had the valley McCormick's in it too.
Every year my feelings become stronger, as the day comes for everyone to leave, we are left behind and it becomes harder every year to see them all leave. Even though we (for the most part) all live close - this annual event has become to dear to me, and the years have flown by with this being about our 15th year of doing this. I know that the next 15 years will find Tom and I much older! I also know how short these years can be, and it makes me sad. It's something I would like to spend eternity doing, all my family, together, in this small forest park, playing, eating, laughing, napping and just enjoying each other.
As we sit over here in Del Norte, I enjoy spending time with my cousin - I also was always able to spend days with my aunt, but she died this past winter. Her husband is here, and we get to see him. What a nice family they are also. I am very much at home in Del Norte, is it because this is where I was raised, my grandparents lived here, my great-grandparents homesteaded here, or is it deeper? I just feel like this is where I should be. My poor husband doesn't share these feeling of love for this community!
So until next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment