Geeze, everyone is getting into this BLOG word - last night Larry Jamison told me that even he was doing it! Haha - "It's All About Me" - now doesn't that just sound like him??! And my husband, and my brother, and my son-in-laws. . . humm, I see a common thread here! But wonder if I could get my husband to BLOG? That would be an interesting BLOG for sure! He could call his - "NO - It's All About Me"!
Can't believe so much time has passed since we were in the SLV for potato harvest. So much has happened since that time. A new "president" was elected - one of the guys Tom worked with in the San Luis Valley was killed in a farming accident last week, another very nice young man from Australia, who Tom worked with, has split up with his wife and newborn baby cause he thought other women were nice along with his pregnant wife.
I have to say some things about the guy who lost his life, Dennis Smith, he was 67 years old, but sure didn't seem "that" old. His wife has been struggling with cancer - even had surgery in Denver by the same Dr. that worked on me. Dennis was a real nice guy, wanted to get to know us better and had invited us out to their home. He was retired also, a real Solar nut, who lived totally off the grid. Uses solar for everything. He will be missed by many. What a brief time I knew him, but he will always be remembered.
My daughter and her family in Denver have moved into their new home. With this economy, I would be afraid to have made that move. But my son-in-law is extremly talented, so I am sure they will always be fine. He is a CPA, graduate of DU, and is the Controller for one of the nations largest law firms in Denver.
All our grandkids are looking forward to the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday. Our 20-year old grandson, Jarred, told us last night that he is so excited about the holidays. He said he tells others; "Yea, Thanksgiving is coming" and others say, that's bad because all their family will be there. Jarred can't grasp that mindset, because when we all get together for Thanksgiving, it's 4 days of eating, and playing games! That is all these kids have ever known, our Ryan in Pueblo, told us they (the cousins) look forward to our annual 4th of July camping trip with the whole family more than Christmas. For this, I am so very thankful for my family and the desire most have to be together with each other.
So for this BLOG - I write the words that President McConkie said to us last night: "We see according to our ability to see".
I've got to remember that "We see according to our ability to see."
ReplyDeleteLove your blog--thanks for sharing it with me.
By the way, the title to Larry's blog is even more fitting ("It's All About Me" was the SUBhead). The title is "EGO TRIP". Now how's that for a perfect fit????? It still makes me laugh out loud!